Made in cobalt blue glass with elements of blue dichroic glass, gold leaf inclusions and latticino cane. An exclusive limited edition paperweight, available for limited time, comes in blue velvet box.
Dichroic glass is a special marriage of reflected and transmitted light with the result a mystical rainbow of color, offering a different visual delight with each new glance. Originally created for the Aerospace industry as a thermal protector. Dichroic glass is made of up multiple micro-layers of metal oxides (gold, silver, titanium, chromium, aluminum, zirconium, magnesium and silicon) these metals reflect colors and with each turn of the glass a new rainbow appears.
Things to know about this item:
- Approximately 3" diameter
- Handmade by Glass Eye Studio in Seattle, Washington USA
- Price listed is for the each piece; sold individually in blue velvet box
- Ships direct from our Seattle studio.
- Prefer to shop in person? Use our Store Locator to find a trusted retailer near you!